Monday, August 26, 2013

scenes from an alaska fire

Smoke from the fire across the river
Fire camp was at a fairgrounds. This is where the ordering people had their office. Cute!
My signs were pink!
My luxury sleeping accommodations! Actually very cozy.
View from my campsite. This river is a mile wide.
Our helibase was behind this sign.  Hmmm.
Obligatory self portrait while running the aerial ignition machine
The fire is a mosaic of black and green.  Soon after this we saw a grizzly eating a dead moose.
Brrr! It actually got ten degrees colder than this.
This moose visited us at the helibase. 
Glorious day: 6 am from my campsite

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for photos! Good to see where you are (and I like the selfie :-))

    Ant

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are great! If I did something cool for a living, I'd take selfies too. But I don't think a pic of me at my desk would impress anyone, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! And good to see many aspects of an Alaska fire, surroundings and awesome firefighter. How much longer for the M. fire?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures! You are someone who is "living life out loud!":) Your post before this one about men made me really laugh. :)

    Do you know want? My doctor thinks you are right - I have a thyroid problem, and I wanted to thank you so much for telling me not once, but twice, to get it checked. You are such a good hearted person. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sunflower! What a nice thing to say. I hope you feel better soon. I know I did, once mine was diagnosed.
    Strong New Me, I put in plenty of desk time in the winter, but somehow those selfies aren't as interesting!

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer all comments, so comment away!