Thursday, October 10, 2013

My favorites....(so far)

I'm suffering from a lack of good blogging material lately, being as I'm still furloughed from my government job, and it is cold and rainy around here.  So here it is, another list of random things I really like! Feel free to add yours in the comments or in your blog and include the link...if anyone is out there.  Anyone? Bueller?

Favorite lake: Lago de los Tres, Patagonia (Argentina).  It was a cold, rainy, snowy day when I hiked here, but it was magical.

Favorite peak climbed: Although I loved the experience of Kilimanjaro and some of the others, Mera Peak (21,247') in Nepal was my favorite.  I really liked the other people I climbed with and Nepal is an amazing country.


Favorite beach:  Hot Water Beach on the Coromandel Peninsula in New Zealand.  If you arrive around low tide, you can dig a hole in the sand and it fills up with hot water, making your own hot spring.  It's been a really long time since I was there though, and it looks like it's much more popular now.  You wouldn't have a lot of privacy, unless you went at night or at an off time of year.

Image from here
Favorite wild animal:  Mountain goat. I love the high places where they live.

I took this picture on a trail near here.  Look how fluffy!
Favorite tropical destination:  Probably Belize, although I'd like to go back there with someone different this time.

 
Favorite Oreo: Birthday Cake, of course! I seriously can't control myself around them, though.


Oh and by the way, while searching for a picture of these, I came across the fact that they also make a fudge covered version of these. Thanks a lot, Internet. Thanks a lot.

Favorite place to stay: A fire lookout. National forests in many areas rent them out.


Favorite place to run:  Any trail.  I rarely run on roads anymore.


Favorite place I've worked:  North Cascades National Park.  So many trails to hike...beautiful mountains.

Photo from Wikipedia


But enough about me...what about you?

4 comments:

  1. Favorite Lake: Precipice (in the Sierras)
    Favorite peak climbed: Whitney
    Favorite beach: Makalawena on the Big Island. Even though I got caught in a rip tide

    Favorite wild animal: pika. Love them.

    Favorite tropical destination: Haven't been fortunate to go to very many.

    Favorite Oreo: Don't really eat them, but I do like Trader Joe's dark peanut butter cups a lot.

    Favorite place to stay: a little cabin by the ocean.

    Favorite place to run: Trails, but not the ones here, too rocky and steep.

    Favorite place I worked: The sierras and the sawtooths

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my all this pictures are great that lake looked amazing! And that sounds like a great time to stay in a look out. Im jealous :D

    Also just encase the reply bit didnt work im going to paste my comment over here too:

    Sorry I am delayed! I changed my blog settings to post comments without moderation at least on the current posts now :D I'm not sure if replying on your own blog is linked to the reply thing. What I was talking about is if I went to your blog and commented you wouldn't be able to reply to the comment. You do have to show the email on the profile for what I did. I was worried about that too but I already show my email on the blog itself so what I did was changed my email to be the hotmail one and then said show email cause itll show the email you put. If you are really worried or your using a personal email you could set up a new free account somewhere for your blog stuff only and use that email to be shown. If I had to show my main personal email I would have never done that but I have a proving I can email so I didnt mind showing it. Now I am about to try replying to you so if this works than you are already a reply blogger somehow haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I just figured out how to do the reply thing. It was under the comments and posts settings on blogger. I changed it from Full to Embedded. I don't really understand it, but it looks like I can reply to specific comments now. Thanks for setting me on the right path!

      Delete
  3. This is great! Boy you've been to a lot of cool places. I was busy raising kids for the past 20 years, so that's limited my travels. I think my most favorite place I've visited was Banff National Park in Canada. But Mt. Hood and St Helens, and the Columbia River Gorge are also high up on my list of favorites!

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer all comments, so comment away!