Thursday, December 5, 2013

six months till fire season

About this time of year, it's hard to believe that in just a few short months we will be seeing this again (at least in some parts of the country):


It is currently -1 F, with colder temperatures on the way.  Despising the treadmill, I run outside.  Despite the temperature, there are other people on the trails.  People in Montana are tough.

Winter runner, or burglar?

It's a winter wonderland at the top of the ski area.  There's so much snow that all the runs will be open in a couple days.


For firefighters, it's a time to relax.  Take vacation days.  Travel.  Appreciate a forest for what it is, instead of watching for smoke.  Because in just a few short months, it will all begin again.

8 comments:

  1. Running in -1 temps? Yeah, you are tough! (tougher than me) Love all the snow. I'm ready to go skiing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't know, Linda! You run at 4:30 am. That's pretty tough!

      Delete
  2. hat is some life you lead. Be proud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill! And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. It is hard to imagine all that right now, I am so excited for it to warm up this week and take my runs back outside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I ran outside today. It was 11 degrees and it felt warm.

      Delete
  4. I am NOT a tough runner! First, I would never call myself a runner, and second, if it's slightly too warm or just a bit chilly (not very often here in FL), I won't venture out and will hit the gym instead. Great job for braving it in negative temperatures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you run, even sometimes, you're a runner!

      Delete

I try to answer all comments, so comment away!