Sunday, April 20, 2014

Just a bike in the park

Saturday was the warmest day we have had here in a long while.  It was time for a bike ride!  I put my Electra Townie in my truck and headed for the national park.

The majority of the park road is closed in the winter time; people ski and snowshoe on it.  The plows have now started their long journey toward Logan Pass, so the road is still closed to cars, but clear of snow.  It's great for biking.

 
There's still a lot of snow in the mountains.

 
A lot of people were out walking, but the beauty of being on a bike is that you can zoom around them.  After a winter of running, snowshoeing, and gym machines, it felt good to go faster for a change.

The Townie at a photo stop
I think it's finally spring!

4 comments:

  1. I love Glacier National Park! My son went to school at Univ of Montana so when we visited him, we also made a couple trips up there. Looks like it was a great day for a bike ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad it's finally spring where you are and that you were able to ride a bike outside!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the photo shoot of the Townie, with mountains in the distance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the place. Snow covered mountains and, spring commencing :))

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer all comments, so comment away!