Monday, May 5, 2014

Smelly Train/Nice Bag Part II

Lately I've felt a little like a crankypants.  It was a busy winter at work, and sometimes people weren't pleasant.  The winter was long and now it's raining like a mofo.  I can't think of anything to write in my blog.  Clearly, it's time for another round of Smelly Train/Nice Bag.

In this post I wrote about this game.  Essentially, if you have a negative thought, you should counteract it with a positive one. So here goes:

My truck is leaking oil/Maybe after 15 years it's time for a new one!

I want this one!
I really don't feel like lifting weights, ever/But I feel great when I'm done!


It's raining a lot/I don't have to water my trees yet.

This training class is too long/I get to spend time with some friends after class.

Sometimes it seems like nobody reads my blog/My aunt and my mom like it!

Work can be challenging/I get to fly around in helicopters all the time.


I feel old/Another year closer to retirement!

A selfie, because why not.


Let's play! Tell me your Smelly Train/Nice Bag thoughts!

10 comments:

  1. It's gray and rainy and supposed to be 22 degrees tonight and spring or even summer will NEVER come and most everyone you meet is cranky about it/. the rain has melted the snow so we can walk on most of our trails and the purple crocuses are blooming out of the roof-snow banks..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Accidental Firefly lives a loong way away/I can keep up with her life a little through her excellent blog and photos. Nice selfie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After a collision with another skier a week ago, today I learned I have a broken rib/Now I'll get a 4-6 week break from working out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Glad you're ok otherwise!

      Delete
  4. I like the 'caption of your selfie! I have never ridden a helicopter .... fun?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone once said to me that getting older is better than the alternative :) Every time the negative thoughts invade me, I either count my blessings (and I do have many) OR I put things into perspective... most of my problems are #firstworldproblems. Which isn't to say they are petty, but life could be a lot, LOT worse.

    Love the white kitten on the dumbbells. I'm a sucker for kitten pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, Sabrina. Having traveled quite a lot and seen the conditions that people in places like Tanzania are living in, I definitely have first world problems for the most part.
      I love kitten pictures too! (I have 3 cats).

      Delete
  6. I was reading quickly, read you mention your truck, then saw that picture and thought it was yours at first. :) Very nice truck! And I learned that I need to slow down and pay attention to what I am reading, ha ha. But I love cars and trucks, so it's not my fault I was skipping ahead to the picture of the truck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm....I bought one after this post! Look for a new post about it soon!

      Delete

I try to answer all comments, so comment away!