- A pair of socks, hung up to dry, and then forgotten
- A thermarest mattress, neatly bound with masking tape, ready for the hike down. I wonder how far its owner got before it was realized to be missing: a mile, the trailhead, home? How far would you go before you decided it wasn't worth it to come back?
- Mystery cans of food, perhaps left for desperate times
- Bear spray, long since expired
- A blanket of unknown vintage
- Water, since it is a dry summit
- Their words, written neatly or scrawled in years of logbooks. The little kids who hiked bravely up the trail in 1997 are all grown up now. Do they remember?
|Snowfields on the ridge|
|Inside the lookout|