Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve snowshoe

I woke up and peered outside.  After days of rain, it had finally snowed a few inches.  I had a run planned, but that didn't look too fun, so I decided to carpe the diem and snowshoe instead.  I didn't need to drive anywhere; I had several acres of woods just down the street.

I had to be quick about it though.  The dog walkers around here, a dedicated bunch, come out early, no matter the weather, and pack down the trails.  I put on my snowshoes at my house (a hidden benefit of having a street that is rarely plowed) and headed down the road.

The forest was quiet and snowy, with only a few deer hiding in the trees.  Not a lot of snow, but enough.

Blue Subaru Man was the only one there, but I know his route, and took another, a loop about 5 miles long. 

It was snowing, a soft wet snow that was almost rain.  A skier had the same idea this morning.
I figured out where this skier lives.  Good thing I'm not a stalker.  I'd be really good at it.
It was a good way to start the day.

Admin note: Bloggers, do you know how to add a feature where people can be notified if someone responds to their comment?  I do try to respond to every comment on here, but I'm sure most people don't come back and check.  Is there a way to do this in blogger?  Thanks!

8 comments:

  1. No snowshoe here on Christmas Eve, but on the day before....up the Pioneer Trail, down the North Ridge trail.....Lots of small trees all bent down from the last wet snow and this one......hard to see how they will recover. The snow held lots of interesting stories...tracks everywhere. Glad to see your snowshoe woods this day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now the trails are all packed down, so we need more snow for snowshoeing.

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas Lynn:-) The commenter has to check the "notify me" button if they want to see a response. The only prob with that is they get notified of any comments/responses made after theirs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I have seen a notify button on other blogs, but I didn't know if it was something I had to add? Happy holidays!

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas, Lynn, and best wishes for new adventures in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hope you have some fun ones planned too.

      Delete
  4. That new-fallen snow looks so beautiful! What a great idea to go showshoeing on Xmas eve. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer all comments, so comment away!