Saturday, December 20, 2014

what I'm pondering lately

1.  Whether it's very common to be googling "wild turkey repellent."  My current method is to burst out the door yelling at the turkeys that seem to be liking my porch lately.  It's rather satisfying on a temporary basis, but probably alarming to the neighbors below.

2.  My next international trip: climbing volcanoes and sitting in hot springs in Iceland, or trekking to the east and north Everest base camps in Tibet?  So hard to decide.  #FirstWorldProblems.

The Blue Lagoon in Iceland (no, not the one with Brooke Shields).
3.  How did I not know there was such a thing as a blog post generator?  You just type a subject in and it gives you a title!  No, it's not very helpful, but it did give me such ideas as "Seven ways running makes your hair look better"  (I need to read that, because I don't know a single one) and "Twenty things your boss wishes you knew about Tibet."

4.  How wildland firefighting became a year round job.  Meetings! Conference calls! Hiring! Forty applicants wanting you to call them back and chat!  What did we do before?

5.  How I unjustly made fun of B. for eating chips while on a no-sugar "cleanse."  Why is it that when you have no sugar in the house, you crave salt?

6.  How I can come back in my next life as a house cat.  Unlimited food? People buying you treats and toys?  Being thought of as cute for really doing nothing?  Sign me up.

7.  Where to go winter camping.

8.  Why some hills never get easier, even though you run up them all the time.

9.  Should I get these wheels for my truck?

PIcture from the RBP website.  RBP 94R custom wheels
10.  Why assisted pullups don't seem to help you get better at the real ones.

There you have it, some random thoughts from a blogger with nothing to write about.  The blog post generator says I should have discussed "10 things your competitors can teach you about cats."  Stand by for that one.

16 comments:

  1. Climbing volcanoes and sitting in blue hot springs in Iceland, definitely! The wheels for truck, definitely. They are way cool. And if a turkey camps on your porch, is it fair game for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where's my comment? I wrote one. Anyway. no, there's a turkey season and you have to have a permit.

      Delete
  2. Love this! And I never knew about the blog post generator either...There should be one where that actually write the post for you...I'd blog more frequently. And those hills? Truth!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great if it would actually write the posts! I'd blog every day!

      Delete
  3. I would say go to Iceland - Aurora Borealis wins it for me!

    I didn't now there was such as a thing as wild turkeys!

    Also, I don't have a sweet tooth, so I don't crave or have any sugar in the house. However, I'm ALWAYS craving salty things, such as chips, which is so bad for my diet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I didn't have a sweet tooth! And, it seems everyone favors Iceland, which is the way I'm leaning too, although I still plan on going to Tibet eventually.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I would love to visit Iceland! You go and I'll come along vicariously. :)

    I didn't know about the blog post generator either. It would be interesting to see what titles it come up for my posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. You go and tell us all about it....

      Delete
    2. It seems pretty easy to get to vs. some of the places I've been. There's even one stop flights from my town.

      Delete
  5. Iceland is cool. I've never been to Tibet, though, so I can't compare the two. One thing I learned while researching Iceland before I went there is that prices vary a lot between different times of the year, so keep that in mind when you do your own research.

    I always think it's cool when wild turkeys show up on our lawn, but I'm sure it could get old if it happens a lot. Right now the neighbor's chickens are a lot more common, and I'm getting pretty annoyed at them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! What did you do in Iceland?

      I used to like the turkeys, but they make such a mess!

      Delete
  6. My friend Amy Eckert (travel writer here in Holland; you can Google her) and her husband went to Iceland not long ago and really, really liked it. She wrote about it and posted photos on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I saw some you shared. What time of year was that?

      Delete
  7. Early fall, I think, but I'll check.

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer all comments, so comment away!