Thursday, January 22, 2015

If I had run

On Sunday, I woke up thinking that I should go for a run.  But I looked outside and saw that once again it had snowed overnight.  Some years we don't get much snow in the valley; you can run on the trails all year round.  This is not one of those years.  So even though I hadn't run in awhile, I couldn't resist.  I pulled out my snowshoes and headed for the woods.

Running is great.  I've been doing it for decades.  But it was the right decision, because if I had run:

I wouldn't have seen the sun through the trees in a quiet forest.

I wouldn't have been the only person out there on such a beautiful day.

I wouldn't have been outside for over two hours (I don't run for that long anymore!)


I wouldn't have seen the gate to nowhere...

And...
This snow angel wouldn't have happened!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing the right decision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures, I'm so jealous! It also reminds me that I need to get my running back into gear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love running in the woods. But it's been challenging this winter!

      Delete
  3. I think you made the right decision. What a great day for a walk in the snowy woods! I'm jealous of all that snow. Our mountains are looking pretty bare right now.... Nice snow angel! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a lot of snow but are expecting some rain and freezing rain. It seems like it has been warmer than usual this January.

      Delete

I try to answer all comments, so comment away!