Sunday, February 21, 2016

Right now*

*AKA, I have nothing to write about.

Ah yes, the old "Currently..." or "Lately..." post.  The blogger standby, when he or she hasn't scaled Mt. Everest, saved some babies, or done anything else of note recently.  Let's get to it, shall we?

Reading:  The Fire Outside My Window, by Sandra Millers Younger.  The author is a writer who lived through California's Cedar Fire.  She and her husband barely escaped the flames, but the book isn't only about them; she intertwines her story with that of firefighters, the man who started the fire, and other residents who lost everything.  While I've saved people and their houses from fires, I don't always get to hear their side, so I was really interested in this book.

Listening: Murder mysteries on HLN while I drive to work.  Sometimes I don't get to finish listening, and I have to google to see what happened (wait, what? HE was the murderer?!)

Making:  Chocolate chip cookies (always, unless I eat accidentally eat the chocolate chips); tacos like the ones I had every day in Tucson (corn tortillas, chicken, cheese, lettuce, green salsa, lime).

Watching: Kung Fu Panda 3.  Is it wrong I liked the villain the best?  Not having seen 1 or 2, I was at a loss (why are these pandas doing kung fu? how are a tiger and a panda friends?) but the ten year old I was with attempted to fill me in.  When I asked her why the pandas don't speak Chinese, since they allegedly live in China, she said it was because they were animals.  She's pretty smart, so I went with it.

Exercise:  The gym (ugh), trail running, snowboarding.  Looking forward to hiking again.

Planning:  Starting a book club. Thinking about going back to Iceland.  This time a friend wants to go.  Wondering what it would be like traveling with someone I know, after so many years of going solo or with strangers.

Last purchase:  The Scratch-n-Snooze Cat Tree.  The two cats that rule this house highly recommend it.

Anyone else doing anything interesting lately? Hello out there! What's your "Currently"?

9 comments:

  1. Your currently sounds pretty cool actually! :-) My 'currently' is much more boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did some fun hikes though! It's still kind of snowy here to hike, but soon...

      Delete
  2. Snowboarding looks like fun! As does making chocolate chip cookies. :) I'm just busy with work (ugh!) and trying to fit in skiing whenever I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That darn work! At least the snow's still pretty good up at the ski hill here.

      Delete
  3. Let'see...currently pretty boring. Your book sounds interesting, have to look that one up. Mine: The Notorius RBG, rereading The Geography of Water, the man who wrote Fire Season has a "woe is me" book out, see if I can get through it. Baking: Oatmeal cookies, though 1/2 a recipe since didn't have enough oatmeal, didn't reduce the butter enough so have flat crispy cookies. Going to try Black Bottom Cupcakes, a Hustafa recipe. Outdoors: The North Country Trail 100 mile challenge in 2016...only up to 13 miles so far, but it IS pretty snowy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look for the book by the Fire Season author.

      Delete
    2. The book, by Philip Connors, is All the Wrong Places..A Life Lost and Found. His fire lookout experience doesn't come up until the last chapter. One reviewer said it was like Cheryl Strayed's book!

      Delete
  4. your currently seems so much fun and interesting. :)

    Mine is pretty crappy so not boring you with that LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it's not. I'm always interested in what activities other people do, books they read, etc.

      Delete

I try to answer all comments, so comment away!