Friday, November 25, 2016

minus one

I mentioned Sherri Papini in this post about the women missing and murdered while out running.

Sherri has been found alive, and while details are few and speculation is rampant (why would kidnappers release her?  Was she really captured? Why hasn't more information been released about the alleged captors?), at least she is home with her family.  Her name won't join the sad long list.

Meanwhile the people who loved the other women are still missing them.  I think of Karina Vetrano every time I run, and I look at other people in the woods just a little more suspiciously.  I hate that.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, her family must be so happy she is back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's one that seems to have ended well.

      Delete
  2. It's great she is alive....I'm sure more information will come out...she has been interviewed by police....the media and public can wait. Yes, this is only one of the awful disappearances and deaths...so sorry it has to cloud the enjoyment of all women out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The inevitable "women shouldn't run alone" comments have come out again. It was the middle of the day, on a street near her house.

      Delete
    2. She will need all of her strength (and it sounds as if she has much) to recover physically and emotionally from this... a long road ahead.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad Sherri was found alive - these stories usually don't have happy endings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They usually don't. I hope they catch the abductors.

      Delete
  4. good news - i often walk trails/tracks alone and thankfully nothing has ever happened to me - but there have been a couple of occasions of uneasiness when i have encountered 'strange' people - i don't know if i'm suspicious when out an about, but i am certainly cautious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably prudent no matter who you are. There are weird people out there! I've come across a few.

      Delete

I try to answer all comments, so comment away!