Monday, April 3, 2017

Three days in the vortex

Sedona, Arizona has beautiful red rock formations.  There are miles of hiking trails, and canyons with sparkling streams running through them.  The sun shines there 295 days of the year.  But vortices?

Well, maybe.  If you believe in it, a vortex is a place where energy is either entering or projecting from the earth, usually in a spiral.  Supposedly some people can feel them.  The earth is said to be especially alive in these places.  People say all of Sedona is a vortex, but there are some places there where the energy is especially strong.

Sneaking off there for a few days, I hiked and ran on the trails, escaping the rain and snow at home.  I climbed up on the red rocks, looking for natural arches.  Although a lot of other people had the same idea, I was able to find some solitude.

Did I feel the vortex? Well...not really, but I never heard the Taos Hum when I was there, either.  But I don't discount it.  There's a lot of mystery in the world and a lot that we don't know.

5 comments:

  1. So many places to hike and explore!!!! You might not have felt the cortex but you experienced the beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe all the trails there. They are everywhere!

      Delete
  2. Isn't it nice to get away and explore a new place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I was there before but it was many years ago. I don't remember all the trails being so close by and accessible.

      Delete
  3. Found another "votex" in Crescent Moon State Park, near Red Rock crossing. All I felt was sun, and saw creek, green, and red rocks. But that was enough!

    ReplyDelete

I try to answer all comments, so comment away!