Saturday, May 6, 2017

My phone thinks I'm lazy, and other randomness

I've been traveling so much for work lately that I haven't had many outdoor adventures.  It's still snowy in the mountains, so there aren't any fires to report.  Hence, a list of miscellaneous observations from the last week.

I have a step app on my phone.  It came with it, but I never really use it, because I don't take my phone into the gym, to run, or really anywhere I would generate steps, unless I take it hiking so I can take pictures.  Consequently, my phone is pretty disappointed with me.  "You haven't been very active lately," it chastises.  "Do you want to readjust your goal?" It seemed unreasonably happy when I got 40,000 steps while climbing a volcano in Iceland, but now it seems I keep letting it down.

I saw two people smoking outside the gym and thought it was pretty funny.  If I were a smoker, I'd probably walk over by the grocery store instead.

The person in the middle seat on the plane always gets the armrests! ALWAYS.  Why do people still not know this?

You can grow out of a lot of things.  Apparently, an allergy to poison ivy is not one of these things.

I'm so used to traveling by myself that I'm probably somewhat annoying at times to a travel companion.  I don't want to sit next to a bunch of other people in the airport, worry that I'll get a middle seat if mine is unassigned (I did), and announce that we are going to miss our connection (we did).  Sorry...

Southern hospitality is a real thing.  Why are you people so nice?

I've been seeing men wearing leggings, and not just in the gym.  Men in leggings: pro or con? Discuss.

Speaking of leggings, most men seem to think that yoga pants and leggings are the same thing. No, no, no.  They are not.

That's about it in this corner of the blogiverse.  What's going on in yours?









10 comments:

  1. Yikes, I'm glad my phone doesn't track my activity...it would self-destruct. My fitness center staff did call once and say, "We haven't seen you lately!" I told them to stop tracking me. I didn't know what about center seat armrests, and apparently, neither did those on either side of me. Grew up in the south and they are very friendly, but at that time, years ago, we were never sure if it was real or surface with other thoughts below the surface...glad they were nice. Poison ivy --really? Perhaps an inherited allergy....downside of warm days in the south.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'm away a lot for work my gym sends me emails saying it's hard to make the commitment to work out, but it's worth it. I'm not sure what else they do but I know they track everyone.

      Delete
  2. Hahaha. My phone thinks I'm lazy too....some days it's right though!!!

    Loved the random thoughts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't be bothered to carry it around with me everywhere. So I just turned off the notifications!

      Delete
  3. Do you find the step tracker on your phone accurate? I am emotionally attached to my Fitbit, it's tiny and I can wear it in my bra. A group of college friends scattered all over the country do weekly challenges, it's fun to see who is having a lazy week and who isn't.

    Traveling solo has so.many.perks. I can't stress it enough. I've gotten lonely sometimes, but it's fun to meet people and do your own thing.

    Also, I've tried to get my guy friends on board about wearing man leggings all the time. I love me some leggings! The thick non-transparent kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is fairly accurate, but I don't usually keep track of steps. I know people love those Fitbits though.
      I love solo travel too! Nobody else to worry about.
      I'm convinced of men knew how comfortable dresses and leggings were they would wear them. It still seems strange to see a guy in leggings though!

      Delete
  4. I have a Garmin watch that tracks activity. If I sit still too long it vibrates and says "move!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually wouldn't mind that. I forget to get up and walk around sometimes.

      Delete
  5. Hey, the zoo called, they want their leopard back! LMAO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha. The pack test called, return to the course.

      Delete

I try to answer all comments, so comment away!